Alas, 20 minutes is all that you need to make one very special recipe.
This minced beef with fried eggs and bok choy dish is one of those meals that keep on giving while taking very little.
It’s healthy, packed with nutrients, made in almost no time and without any special effort, and it’s absolutely delicious!
To make this meal you’ll need:
- 2 ½ teaspoons of sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons of Thai chili paste
- 2 ½ teaspoons of fish sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons of lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil, divided
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 12 ounces of 90% lean ground beef
- ¾ teaspoon of crushed dried Thai chili or crushed red pepper
- 3 small baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 4 large eggs
- and 2 cups of cooked brown rice
Combine the sugar, Thai chili paste, fish sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl, and heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan, and swirl it to coat the pan. Add the beef to the pan, stir-fry it for 2 minutes. Stir in the soy mixture, cook everything for 30 seconds, and place the mix on a plate (make sure to keep it warm).
Add 1 ½ teaspoons of oil and crushed red pepper to the pan, cook this for 10 seconds, and add the bok choy. Stir-fry this mixture for 2 minutes, and place it on the beef plate. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, add the remaining 2 ½ teaspoons of, swirl to coat, and heat it over medium heat.
Crack the eggs into the pan, and cook them for 2 minutes. Cover the pan, and let the eggs cook for 1 more minute. Divide the beef, rice, and bok choy among 4 bowls, and top each serving with 1 egg.